Reasons to have breakdown cover
Many people avoid opting in for breakdown insurance to ‘save’ money…until they experience breakdown for the first time.
Imagine breaking down in the middle of a motorway, it’s snowing, it’s cold, you’re late for work and you don’t know who to ring or what to do as you’ve never been in this situation before.
Sounds stressful doesn’t it?
You can avoid this unpleasant experience by opting in for our full RAC Breakdown Cover – It’s only £77 for the whole year and it can really save your day!
So, what does our RAC Breakdown Cover include?
- Help to repair the vehicle at the roadside when you’re more than a quarter of a mile from your home.
- Help to transport the vehicle, you and up to seven passengers (16 passengers if vehicle is a minibus) to a destination of your choice, up to 10 miles, if the RAC cannot repair the vehicle at the roadside.
- Misfuel Rescue
- Help to repair the vehicle where the RAC will empty, flush and drain the fuel system and refill the vehicle with up to 10 litres of correct fuel and safely dispose of the contaminated fuel.
- At Home
- Help to repair the vehicle at, or within, a quarter of a mile of your home.
- Help to transport the vehicle, you and up to seven passengers (16 passengers if the vehicle is a minibus) to a destination of your choice, within the UK, if the RAC cannot repair the vehicle.
- Onward Travel
- A replacement hire car for 1 day or £150 per person and £500 in total (£25 per person and £500 in total if the vehicle is a minibus) for either alternative transport or overnight accommodation for the passengers while the vehicle is repaired.
- European Motoring Assistance
What is not insured with our RAC Breakdown Cover?
- Any breakdown which has occurred prior to purchase.
- Anything which is not a breakdown e.g. a road traffic accident. In Europe, the RAC will provide assistance following a road traffic accident.
- The cost of any parts.
- Any breakdown resulting from a fault that has previously been attended and has not been properly repaired or the advice after a temporary repair has not been followed.