How is holiday home insurance different from permanent home insurance?
Insuring your UK Holiday Home is different to your Standard Home insurance because of the way it will be used. You won’t live at your UK Holiday home full-time, and you might want to rent it out to paying guests.
If you own a UK holiday home, it is likely that it will be left unoccupied for more than 30 consecutive days which means the risk of damage or theft is higher than normal and if you rent it out to paying guest there is a higher risk of injury and further property damage.
Our Holiday Home Insurance policy will give you peace of mind that your home away from home is protected whether it’s let to family, friends, short-term paying guests or if it is unoccupied.
Your property is suitable if:
- It is let to paying guest on short term basis as a holiday accommodation
- It is used as a holiday home by you or your family & friends
- It is located within the UK
Your property is NOT suitable if:
- It is permanently unoccupied
- It is used for business (other than holiday letting)
- You are renting it out on a long-term basis
- It is being renovated
- It is your main residence
What is covered with our holiday home insurance?
- Cover for UK holiday homes that are left empty for more than 30 consecutive days
- Cover for guests (whether they are paying guest, family or friends)
- Public Liability Cover
- Legal Expenses Cover
Get your peace of mind today with our specialist holiday home insurance policy!